In this podcast Shann and Ananga talk about what causes setbacks or relapses on the road to recovery from anxiety and how you can best support yourself when you hit a bump in the road.
Discussion points include:
- What causes someone to experience a relapse?
- Setbacks from surprising places (non-prescription medications, caffeine, alcohol, recreational drugs, change, environment, hormonal changes)
- How can you best support yourself when you think you are having a set back? What helps, what hinders?
- The fear of never being free from anxiety.
- The importance of valuing small steps, and developing a high priority for self care.
- The importance of recommitting to self care when you feel challenged by increased symptoms.
- The power that comes from taking care of the little things and how to build a sense of triumph over adversity.
If you know someone this podcast might help, please pass it on to them.
image by B Tal