What to do if you suffer with health anxiety:
Stop your mind as best you can by working with what you know, right here and right now.
- Check in with your truth right now.
- What do you know?
- Where are you and what are you doing?
- Practice regularly checking in with the simple truth of where you are and what you are doing moment by moment. For example: man reading a book, woman making tea. This helps to settle your mind and stop it flying off into scary "what if" thinking.
How to care for your nervous system and keep your mind safe:
- Lay down and get some rest
- Use guided meditations and breathing exercises
- Get near or in the water - bath, shower, river, stream, lake, ocean etc.
- Try White Chestnut Flower Essence by Bach Flower Remedies to stop the repeating loop of frightening thoughts coursing through your mind.
Dr Bach's description of White Chestnut
"For those who cannot prevent thoughts, ideas, or arguments which they do not desire from entering their minds. Usually at such times when the interest of the moment is not strong enough to keep the mind full. Thoughts which worry and will remain, or if for a time thrown out, will return. They seem to circle round and round and cause mental torture. The presence of such unpleasant thoughts drives out peace and interferes with being able to think only of the work or pleasure of the day."
(if your browser doesn't show the podcast player please listen on iTunes)
Resources for Finding Relief from Health Anxiety:
Transition to Calm - Guided Relaxations for Stress & Anxiety Relief
Emotional Peace - Guided Meditations for Challenging Times
Bach Flower Remedies can be purchased from Amazon and Nelsons
Until next time, we wish you peace and good health.