Shann talks with author Fay Jones about her new book When STRESS Makes You SICK
Listen here (if your browser doesn't show the podcast player please listen on iTunes)
- What was your inspiration for writing this book?
- How do we know if stress is making us sick?
- I did notice that you make a distinction between stress and the triggers for stress in the book. Can you talk a bit more about that?
- So, if stress is hard-wired into our genetics and helps us deal with danger, how does it make us sick?
- One of the phrases you use in the book is “health from the inside out” What does that mean and why is it so important?
- So what do you suggest we do to protect our bodies and prevent or at least ease the Stress Response?
- How can we find out more?
Fay Jones Bio
Fay Jones is a Licensed Acupuncturist and author of the newly-released book When Stress Makes You Sick. Fay has been working in the health and wellness field for almost 30 years and is an expert in the area of stress management and stress reduction. Her interesting job history has included working as a midwife’s assistant (at over 350 births!), a patient educator, a massage therapist, and for over a decade as an Acupuncturist and Health Coach. She has worked with a variety of patients including stressed-out executives, busy moms and patients of all ages with physical complaints that range from depression and anxiety, to IBS and digestive problems, to fertility issues and more.
As a mom, solo-preneur and author, she knows first-hand what it’s like to keep a lot of balls in the air at once AND understands the importance of managing the things that trigger stress in the body. She is committed to teaching deeper levels of self-care and helping her patients to use that self-care practice to achieve and attract more of what they want in their lives.
Find out more about Fay's work at: www.whenstressmakesyousick.com