Renee's story: My name is Renee Jain (pronounced Ree-knee Jane) and I’m the chief storyteller at GoStrengths! Many of the scenarios you find within the online programs we provide are based on the challenges I faced while growing up. You see, I never learned to cope with adversity-not properly, at least. I was the queen of exaggeration…little molehills in my life regularly blew up into mountains of pain and sorrow. I often suffered in silence clutching onto my motto, “No one gets it.”
I learned much later in life that people do indeed understand what kids go through when they feel anxious, depressed, misunderstood, or just plain stressed out. I learned there are effective methods to cope with problems and increase one’s resilience. I also discovered beyond the capacity to survive, it is possible to learn how to thrive. Happiness is a skill which can be practiced. In this, life can offer deep meaning, purpose, and joy. With the help of an animated alien Neutrino, I hope to take the lessons I have gleaned through my personal and professional experience and pass them on to as many other people as possible.
Anxiety Slayer's Interview questions:
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
- Tell us a little bit about GoZen. I know you use animations, can you tell us a little more?
- You talk about 1 big myth that we operate under… something you believe is contributing to the epidemic of anxiety disorders – can you tell us about that myth?
- We hear a lot of stories on the news about the anxiety rates in kids going up and their stress levels increasing – do you see this trend in your work? What do you think is going on with kids today?
- I know that your programs are based on the science of positive psychology. For our listeners that aren’t familiar with that, can you tell us a little more?
- Are there any tips you can provide right now that may help a parent who has a child who is suffering from anxiety?
- I know that your programs are taught in schools, what kind of schools are adopting the programs? Are they teaching the life skills from your programs to all the kids or a certain group?
Listen to the full podcast here (if your browser doesn't show the podcast player please listen on iTunes)
Bio: Renee is a tech entrepreneur turned positive psychology practitioner, best-selling author, and life coach. Renee Jain holds a Masters of Applied Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and specializes in teaching tweens and teens how to relieve anxiety, boost resilience, and increase well-being. Renee has personally coached over 5,000 people on how to effectively integrate the science of resilience into their lives.