Getting Unstuck: How to free yourself from Anxiety’s web
This episode is sponsored by Health IQ - We invite you to take the Health IQ Quiz which is really eye-opening and fun to do! healthiq.com/anxietyslayer
Points covered in this episode:
Facing Anxiety with awareness
- facing anxiety can be like facing up to a bully
Anxiety feels like an enemy, but it's a messenger
Tuning in to where anxiety affects your body
- sometimes we're so used to anxiety; we don't notice its effects on us
- it becomes a tangled sensation in our body and mind
- we try and push through and keep going
- but our avoidance causes more stress
- eventually, we become exhausted
What helps calm tangled anxiety?
Breathing into anxiety can be helpful in developing a sense of acceptance and calm awareness.
Ananga shares a simple heart-centred compassionate breathing practice.
Why EFT Tapping is so helpful for anxiety sufferers
- Tapping helps us contact our feelings with compassion and support.
- it facilitates safe introspection
EFT Tapping honours our experience
Tapping encourages awareness by facilitating speaking the truth of our experience with compassion, noting and releasing. While facing anxiety head-on, EFT helps us quickly feel relief.