How to Find Peace when you’re Running Hot
In this week's podcast we're looking deeper into Ayurveda (India's ancient healing science) and talking about how the Summer season can make you feel restless and frustrated and what you can do to help yourself feel cooler and calmer.
Cool, Calm and collected…
Seasonal changes can be uncomfortable. Pitta energy can get way out of balance (i.e. pushy, impatient and quite naughty) this time of year. Which can be challenging for those experiencing the transition from a Kapha winter to a Pitta spring.
Supportive tips to cool your head:
- Be mindful of your emotional triggers
- Practice Breathing exercises like "The Cooling Breath."
- Drinking warm tea
- Have a laugh and let it go
- Get to bed early (before 10pm)
Supportive before-bedtime rituals:
- Take a walk
- Take a warm shower
- Massage cooling coconut oil on your body
- Pull the shades and wind down
Supportive items to add to your diet:
- Warm Milk
You can listen to the full podcast here:
(if your browser doesn't show the podcast player you can also listen on iTunes)
More about Ayurveda and anxiety relief: