Learning to trust the process
I'm learning to trust the process...
For most of this lifetime I've tried to control my outcomes. I liked being the woman who made things happen. Not anymore. What I've noticed is that the more I try to push my agenda, the more anxious and agitated I become. Trying to manage every little thing is exhausting.
This year I've declared that I will do my best to trust the process of my personal and professional unfolding.
I define trusting the process by setting an intention and moving in the direction of what I wish to experience without attachment to the outcome. Admittedly, as a recovering type a perfectionist, this is something I have to recalibrate on a daily basis. The awareness of the controlling behavior I wish to change makes my old patterns easier to break.
- Where are you trying to push for an outcome?
- How is that working our for you?
- What might happen if you set your intention and then let it unfold?
- Where in your life can you make more time to trust and surrender?
How You Can Trust The Process
- Set your intention
- Make incremental action
- Celebrate each step
- Ask for support
- Be grateful for every bit of the process
- Marvel in your ability to trust and surrender
- Do your best to remain unattached to the outcome
Loosen the reigns on your life. Take a deep breath and do your best to trust the process.
Listen to the podcast here:
(if your browser doesn't show the podcast player please listen on iTunes)